The You Gov 2018 Mental Health at Work Report of over 4,000 people found that 1 in 3 of the UK’s workforce has been formally diagnosed with a mental health condition at some point in their lifetime.
Alarmingly, 61% of employees said they had experienced mental health issues due to work, or where work was a related factor.
However, only 45% of employees said they felt their company did well at supporting those with mental health issues.
How would you deal with an employee that came to you with a mental health problem? Would they have the confidence to come to you in the first place? Could you identify the signs that something was wrong?
Our Mental Health in the Workplace workshop in line with Mental Health Awareness Week 2019 will enable you to:
- Spot the signs of ill mental health in the workplace and in general
- Understand the differences between key terms such as anxiety, depression and low mood
- Learn how to develop a more positive working environment
- Develop a culture of openness around ill mental health at work
- Know your legal obligations and risks around ill mental health at work as an employer
The half-day course will be presented by:
- Kirsty Vickerman: an award-winning Mental Health Practitioner with over 20 years’ experience providing mental health services to over 2,000 clients ranging from sole traders through to blue-chip brands with vast workforces.
- Gavin Howarth: Managing Director and Employment Law Advisor at Howarths. Not only does Gavin run a business himself, but he also advises many employers on a range of employment law matters including employers’ obligations and requirements around mental health in the workplace.A recent survey by the London School of Economics found that employees who felt able to speak openly about mental health conditions such as depression were more productive and even took less time off work.
Can your business afford to miss out?
Date: Wednesday 15th May 2019
Location: Howarths HQ, Brooke Street, Cleckheaton, Bradford, BD19 3RR
Investment: £225 plus VAT per delegate (book before Friday 5th April to receive early bird discount of 10%)
Duration: Half Day (9-12pm)
Contact Justine Crabtree to reserve your place by emailing email@example.com or calling us on 01274 864 999!